In the Food Industry, The Dough Dough Franchise Breaks Through with a Trendy concept that resonates with many. The Dough Dough is great place to gather families and bring back memories for many, it’s the new concept that tastes delicious.
Cookie dough shops are a trendy dessert option, opening all over the country in the past year. This trendy concept has hit the Texas market earlier this year with a location in Dallas, Texas. After watching edible cookie dough become increasingly popular in other major cities, SMU alumni Gina Ginsburg thought it was time for Dallas to have its own shop. Ginsburg came up with The Dough Dough, an edible cookie dough location. The Dough Dough recently opened its first location in Dallas and is ready to franchise its concept.
The dessert shop offers a dozen cookie dough varieties. It’ll keep for 3 weeks refrigerated, 3 months frozen, and most flavors can be baked up into deliciously buttery, conventional-style cookies. Ginsburg had longevity in mind, when creating this dessert concept shop.
It was important for Ginsburg to create an environment that pleases both adults and kids alike. Ginsburg has drawn inspiration from her grandmother’s recipes to use for her dough. Growing up Ginsburg’s fondest memories were in the kitchen baking cookies with her grandmother. Her favorite part was eating the raw batter from the bowl. The Dough Dough, gets to recreate those memories for her and hopefully for many others. “This is my sweetest venture yet,” said Ginsburg. “We’ve been watching the dough trend take flight in major cities like New York City and Los Angeles, and I knew I had to bring it to DFW and leave my tasteful mark on the industry. I love being able to blend my family memories and recipes, like my great grandmother’s Sugar Cookie recipe and grandmother’s Monster cookie recipe and incorporate them into a business that’s safe to eat raw with pasteurized egg whites and heat-treated flour.”
Each recipe includes heat-treated flour and pasteurized eggs to minimize any fears of foodborne illness. The Dough Dough offers a safe to eat product, using specialized ingredients. The dessert shop produces 12 ﬂavors of cookie dough daily, with all goods produced in house, including limited baked goods and seasonal desserts focused around its doughs.
This dessert concept doesn’t stop there, they also have Ice cream dough-wiches, cupcakes, Brookies, cookies, Dough’reos and seasonal desserts are available. Guests may also enjoy marble slab custom mix-ins for either dough or ice cream. The grab and go refrigerator keeps customers stocked for at home eating or baking. All the dough is bakeable, but recommended to eat “as is” and nationwide shipping is available. The concept has thought of every opportunity for a successful franchise.
- The Dough Dough states the following advantages: Newest Dessert Trend, low start-up cost, fun concept, high energy, low overhead, small restaurant space (zoned retail), great margins, unique guest experience, pre-negotiated best prices on some ingredients, uniforms and supplies available.
- Investment in The Dough Dough requires a one unit minimum commitment. The net worth requirement is $750,000, with liquid cash of $300,000 per unit. The total investment range is between $375,000 and $450,000
- The Dough Dough’s initial franchise fee is $40,000 with 7% ongoing royalties, a national advertising fee of 1% and various fees.
- The Dough Dough works best in communities with demographics that meet qualifying population and household requirements within a 3 mile, including an average household income of $125,000 to $350,000. It’s overall target age is between 4-45years and specifically moms, school kids, college kids and young adults.
- Location requirements are between 1,200 and 1,500 square feet if no on site storage is needed. An end cap is preferred in Grade A strip mall centers, located in a high-end trade area with female and family friendly retailers with high foot traffic. The location says it does best near anchor grocery stores or near big box gyms as wells as yoga, barre and Pilates studios, child care facilities and other restaurant concepts. There are other facility requirements as well, and the typical term is 10 years.
- The company is looking for potential franchisees with general business experience, restaurant or food experience preferred, in addition to meeting financial requirements. Final determination will also be based on personal interviews, and both parties brand, culture and vision must align.
- The Dough Dough will provide site selection assistance, lease negotiation assistance, training and marketing support, local and national advertising, pre-opening and ongoing structure support, field operation training and on-site training, pre-opening training, franchisee portal on website